Saturday 6 August 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 19

Another sketch challenge over at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog this week. I loved doing this sketch challenge and can see it becoming a firm favourite of mine to use. So without futher ado, here is the sketch and my card...



Fun 4th Birthday 

Stamp Set: n/a
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise Texture, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Play Date
Punches: 1 3/8" Circle, 1" Circle
Extras: Brown Pen, Dimensionals

I've been trying to make a few more kids cards recently and thought this sketch would lend itself perfectly to the Play Date dsp. I cut a strip of the numbers in the chocolate pattern and then punched out a 4 in the coloured pattered paper to layer over the top. I used half a circle in another of the patterns to write my sentiment, birthday on it. I finished off the card by drawing on some hand stitching lines to pull everything together. 

I love all the bright colours in this card, but what do you think? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. 

Hugs, 

Amanda x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Amanda - really like the way you have layers p the numbers.
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, typo there - I meant layered up! Trying to do too many things at once here...
    Bx

    ReplyDelete