Wednesday 12 October 2011

p...p...p...pick up a penguin

Just a quick little CASed card for you today - sorry I didn't jot down the name and web address so if this is yours - please do claim the credit, I think he's awesome! 

I found this on the internet when I was looking for interesting Big Show ideas to show my class ladies and came a cross this cute little guy! I've altered him a bit as I don't have any oval punches.


Penguin

Stamp Set: n/a
Ink: n/a
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Big Shot: Top Note
Punches: Decorative Label, Itty Bitty, 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, Corner Rounder
Extras: White Gel Pen

His name is Marvin, he sits on my mantelpiece and is just such a happy little chappy!
Quite a simple card - even simpler if you own the correct punches, but if you don't, here's what I did - I punched out the circles and then temorarily adhered them to a piece of thin scrap paper so i could slid it back into the punch and re-punch. I kept of punching until I had the right shapes. It was a little fiddly but not too bad. 

I hope you like him as much as I do. The question I have is, does he need a bow tie? Several people who have visited my house have commented on the lack of a bow tie, so what do you think? Is he missing a vital piece to his ensemble? 

Please do leave a comment and come back tomorrow for another little creation! 

Hugs,

Amanda x 




4 comments:

  1. He's really cute as he is-no bow tie required.Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make another one with a bow tie, then you have Mr & Mrs Penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! thats a brilliant idea!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Marvin is wonderful just as he is! Such a cute idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete