Saturday 29 October 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 31

This week over at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog its back to a sketch challenge again! This week's is great so why not create your own card using it and submit it this week - you could be top 3 and I would love to see what you come up with! 

Here's the sketch and my take on it!



Merry & Bright Dasher

Stamp Set: Dasher, Serene Snowflakes, Season of Joy
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red Textured
Punch: 3/4" Circle
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

I thought dasher would be perfect for this sketch - he's just so cute! I stamped the small trio of snowflakes over the ivory background as the design matched up really well with the snowflakes surrounding dasher's antlers. I decided I wanted to do a larger scallop edge than the scallop border punch would do so I punched a bunch of small circles and then adhered them in a row so half the circle was overhanging the edge. I added a strip of Riding Hood Red cardstock and added brown stitching lines to that strip and the scallop edge. The sentiment was done by colouring in only one of the sentiments on the block from Season of Joy - a great way to get more use out of the block! I adhered everything together and then finally added some spots of glue and added dazzling diamonds glitter! The sparkle really finished it off! 

So, leave me a comment and then please head over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog, check out what the other design team members have created for you and then get creating yourself! I cannot wait to see what you come up with! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Amanda - you've used one of my fave Christmas colour combos! You and I had exactly the same idea for the scalloped edge at the bottom - great minds think alike eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! The faux stitching really adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete