Saturday 12 November 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 33

Another week has just flown by - been really busy this week with lots of parties and all sorts so sorry for neglecting the blog! Its Saturday again and another challenge over at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog. This week is a theme, and the theme is...

LEAFY


Happy Thanksgiving

Stamp Set: French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory

A really simple and clean card this time for me. I know its so easy (for me) to want to do a really earthy rich and intense colour palette with fall/autumnal leaves but for this I wanted to just try and make something that still retained a hint of carefree summer. I rock and rolled the leaves and then stamped them off onto scrap paper before stamping them over the background for a lighter shade. I then stamped 3 leaves in full intensity onto a scrap, cut them out and used dimensionals to adhere them in a little row. Final thing to do is stamp my sentiment - I am SO VERY MUCH looking forward to thanksgiving - pumpkin pie, turkey, wild rice and all the trimmings here I come! 

I hope this card has inspired you to have some leafy fun of your own and create a card for this week's challenge - you could even be one of our top three! So head on over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog, check out the other design team's entries and upload your own! I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Please do leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

3 comments:

  1. I love your 'rock and roll' leaves they look beautiful!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are lovely Amanda, the rock 'n rolling worked a treat! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful technique on the leaves and a great fall card!

    ReplyDelete