Monday 12 March 2012

chasing my tail!

Hi there! 

Sorry for not posting last week, its been one of those super hectic weeks. I'm sure you know the type - everything seems to come at once - prepping for card club, ordering bits and pieces, Stampin' Up party for a friend, making and organising things for a craft fair (this past Sat), helping my dad with work on our roof, helping a friend with a crafty project or two of hers as well as the usual church meetings, house work and so on. I've hardly had time to stop! 

Anyway, I now have lots of pretty things to show you this week as a result of not posting any of my makes from last week! Score!

Today's card is for my good friend Donna who's birthday it was on Friday. She is a loyal crafting buddy of mine and her favourite Stampin' Up! colour is Rich Razzleberry so I obviously had to make her a razzleberry card, right?! Right!


Happy Butterfly

Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Confetti White, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Rhinestones, Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon (Retired)
Punch: Butterfly
Extras: Frost White Shimmer Mist

So I started off by stamping the butterflies - I inked up the butterfly stamp in Rich Razzleberry and then stamped twice on scrap paper before stamping on the card for a paler background shade. Next I stamped the flowers, this time stamping off once on scrap paper before stamping on the card for a slightly darker shade. I was really trying to build up layers on this card without using tons of cardstock. I stamped and punched out the butterfly in Rich Razzleberry. I added some ribbon to the side of the card, stamped the sentiment and added the butterfly, finishing it off with a few little rhinestones. To just give it a little bit more glitz I spritzed it with the shimmer mist. 

I thought I'd just finish off today with a little picture of inside the card - another little butterfly! 


Please leave me a comment, I love reading them. Thanks.

Have a great day! 

Amanda xx

4 comments:

  1. Ooh that's lovely!! I'm sure Donna loved it! Like the butterfly on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with just the two colors! Love all of the background butterflies!
    Hope this week is more calm for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not sure its much calmer but I've taken the day off to relax, give my creativity a rest. Tomorrow I'm back to the grind stone and hopefully another blog post! x

      Delete