Saturday 10 March 2012

simply stampin' challenge week 50

Another Saturday, another Simply Stampin' Challenge! This week is colour challenge...



Friend & Flowers 

Stamp Set: Tagtastic
Ink: Poppy Parade
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Punch: Boho Blossoms, Itty Bitty, Curly Label, Decorative Label
Accessories: Rhinestones

I stamped and made the cute little Tagtastic topper using the Curly and Decorative label punches. I added a flower to the top of this tag. Now this is another card using the borderlines stamp set - see really trying to get more use out of it! I thought the polka dots border just brought out the polka dots in the tag and would tie the card together nicely. I added the tag to the card over lapping the border slightly, to fill it out I punched out flowers in Crumb Cake for some tone on tone flowers. I finished it off with rhinestones and a tiny little banner with handwritten "friend" on it! 

I'll admit I didn't care much for the colour combo this time, I didn't really know where to start but I really like how its ended up and the colour combination is growing on me. I think the key was mostly neutral with a tiny dash of colour! What do you think? 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda  xo


5 comments:

  1. I love all the layers of your focal point, it's so pretty!! I think you did a fab job with these tricky colours.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the monochromatic flowers with the one framed flower! Gorgeous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab card Amanda! I like your use of the Borderline stamp for the detail on the background, I really must ink mine up! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! What a great card using those colours and I adore the tone on tone flowers! That bit of bright colour pops beautifully on your neutral card!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete