Wednesday 18 April 2012

fancy flower birthday

As I might have already mentioned Rhoda has been visiting for the last couple weeks and she's let me borrow lots of gorgeous goodies! I've got tons to show you over the next few weeks/months! Rhoda's sister and Stu's cousin Lydia had her birthday on Monday and here is the cute card I made for her using some of the borrowed stamps and punches!


Fancy Flower Birthday

Stamp Set: Creative Elements, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Regal Rose
Punches: Fancy Flower, 5 Petal Flower, Boho Blossoms
Ribbon: Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Chantilly Crochet Trim
Accessories: Pearls, Pear Pizzazz Glimmer Brad

I stamped the flourish on the background and on some Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I layered the Pear on some Always Artichoke (I haven't really used this colour much but I just thought it goes so well with Pear Pizzazz for a very elegant card!) I tore the edges too for a different shape and texture - something else I haven't done for quite a while. On top of this I layered my flower (I used the bone folder to give the flower its shape) with some folded scraps of ribbon behind it. I also added a piece of Vanilla card with the sentiment on it - I made it look like another strip of ribbon. Obviously I had to add pearls and voila there's one cute and pretty card! I hope Lyd liked it!

Happy Stampin',

Amanda xo

2 comments: