Tuesday 10 July 2012

twitterpated rag wreath

I wanted to show you something a little bit different today. Its a rag wreath that I made for my friend Jo for her birthday! I found the idea on Pinterest, there was a stunning green one by Kristol which I pinned and just found myself coming back to again and again. When I won a free pack of the Twitterpated fabric at a Stampin' Up! training day I just knew I had to use some to make a wreath! 



It was so super simple to make, I used a piece of wire to make the circular frame but an old wire coat hanger would work just the same. I cut the fabrics into strips, about 2 inches wide by 6 inches long. Then all that I had to do was tie them onto the frame. I did it fairly randomly but tried to alternate between the 3 patterns! I finished it off with a Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain bow and another length to hang it by! 

What do you think? Love it?

Happy Craftin',

Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Such a great way to show off the beautiful fabric! I have a few boxes of SU fabric tucked away that might just be perfect for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really is! They're really quite quick and easy to make yet look beautiful that they make really good presents! I could totally see myself making these in the different SU fabrics for throughout the year!! x

      Delete