Thursday 25 October 2012

use up your scraps!

I wanted to show you a card using the holiday ornaments framelits today. It actually uses the negative space cut out so you can use the ornament shape for another project! Behind the ornament I laid down strips of ribbon (great for using up scraps that aren't big enough for tying into knots or bows but too precious to throw away!) I just love all the different textures and colours you can achieve doing this tecinque with very little ribbon too! I added a bow too and red stitched outline around the ornament to give it a little more definition. I added some more of the ruffled ribbon to the top and bottom of the sentiment, the ruffled ribbon gives a lovely border! 


Ribbon Ornament

Stamp Set: Curly Cute
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Holiday Ornaments Framelits
Ribbon: Old Olive Taffeta, Real Red Taffeta, Gumball Green Stitched Satin, Lucky Limeade Ruffle, Gumball Green Sweater Trim

Have a great day! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and such a great idea! I have so much ribbon stashed back that I really need to use!

    ReplyDelete