Sunday 7 October 2012

whirlwind weekend!

Man oh man! Its been one of those weekends!! I have had a lovely but tiring weekend filled with LOTS of crafting with LOTS of lovely people! 

Last night my lovely friend Emma hosted a party for a few friends, it was a nice relaxed evening and her cute little boy kept us all highly amused! 

Today was Wendy's turn to host! It makes me so happy to see someone get so excited about hosting and inviting so many people! She truly had a house full, everyone seemed to have a great time! I don't feel like I stopped talking (and listening to questions and stories) ALL afternoon and still didn't get to talk to people half as much as I would have wished to! But we had fun, that's the main thing!!

So I thought I'd share with you one of the cute little projects I shared with them all! Seeing as its World Card Making Day today it seemed appropriate that I focus on showing some cards and different techniques! Here's what we did!


Believe Snowflake Gradient

Stamp Set: Snowflake Gradient
Ink: VersaMark, Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder
Punch: Decorative Label
Ribbon: Whisper White Organza
Emboss: White Embossing Powder

This is an emboss resist technique I've show before - but with a twist! To begin I embossed the snowflakes. Next step is to sponge over the snowflakes with ink, before I've just used one colour but here I did a gradient look using 3 colours. Begin with lightest colour and work darker! Sponge the colour on in nice smooth strokes leaving a white gap of "light" down the centre; as you apply the different colours, over lapping slightly as you go, the colours will blend together to form a smooth transition between ink colours. After you've finished sponging the ink use a paper towel or tissue to wipe off any ink that will have pooled over the embossed snowflakes to bring them back to a lovely clean glossy white! 
I stamped and punched the sentiment, added some ribbon and matted on some more card to finish it off. Another card perfect for mass producing in time for Christmas! 

This card was inspired by a card I found somewhere on the internet - she had brayered hers which looked lovely but sponging give a lot smoother look in my opinion.

I think this has got to be one of my favourite creations of late - the snowflakes are so elegant and classy and I've fallen head over heels for this gradient emboss resist technique! (look out for another emboss resist card coming soon!)

I'll have a double post for you tomorrow as I already had a project all lined up for you but I'd love to show you another card I showed at this weekend's parties in honour of World Card Making Day!

Have a wonderful weekend! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda xx



4 comments:

  1. WOW, looks so good, why oh why dont we get the religus stamps over here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Religious stamps? Look in the new catalogue, its got loads of new "religious" stamps! Its awesome! Let me know if you want to order anything! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful technique and a gorgeous card! Sounds like you had a wonderful time too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We certainly did, it was just so much fun showing cool new products and chatting about lots of exciting crafty things! x

      Delete