Wednesday 6 February 2013

Paper Players 131

Hello!

I've been meaning to start entering some challenge blogs a little more regularly for a while now. Its great to be stretched or challenged to make a card/project with a certain theme/colour combination etc. So the last few weeks I've half heartedly tried - by that I mean that I thought through, and made something to enter but didn't get it posted in time. This week I am more on the ball and I have made a card, and I am posting in time too - woo hoo! 

This is for The Paper Players challenge...


So, sympathy cards aren't the most fun cards to make, because they come with a sad occasion! It just happened however that I needed to make one for the death of a dear friend and its coincided perfectly with this challenge.


Stamp Set: Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Old Olive, Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gumball Green, Lucky Limeade, Rose Red
Punch: Itty Bitty, Corner Rounder
Big Shot: Woodgrain TIEF
Accessories: Dazzling Details

Sympathy cards are difficult, not only because of the sad occasion but also because you want it to be nice but not too over the top and fancy! Hopefully this hit the spot. The tree was coloured with markers - the leaves randomly coloured with 3 different greens for some variety and difference. I really like how its turned out, the flowers just add the last little touch. 

Its for the children of the man who was our cook and shopper when we lived in Pakistan. He and his wife were both so lovely and hard working. It was so sad to hear of his passing. So this tree with the pink flowers, reminds me somewhat of the bougainvillea that grew everywhere out there! 

So I hope you enjoyed this card, 

Thanks for stopping by,

Amanda xo

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Amanda! I love the simple image and the embossed background, and the pretty little blossoms are perfect. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete