Thursday 23 May 2013

Butterflies!!

 Hello there! 

I'm back with a lovely summery card for you today! 

I don't know what the weather is doing where you are but if its anything like what we have, its not spring or summer like! Its cold and there is a threatening sky which might pour at a moments notice. Ugh! So what better way to cheer yourself up than with a bight and cheery card!


Stamp Set: Kindness Matters
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Black Stazon
Cardstock: Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, Lacy Brocade TIEF
Accessories: Mini Brads

 This is such a pretty girly card and I just love it! The butterflies are coloured with blender pens for a watercoloured effect. The idea for the little half doily sticking out from the butterflies was actually inspired by a half doily stamp fro the same set (see all the stamps in the set below) The little banners at the bottom was just using up tiny scraps. I really like the punchy bright Lucky Limeade with the pastel Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party, it just adds a little pop to the soothing colour palette. 

Lucky Limeade is due to retire at the end of June as it is an in colour. The other in colours in the set are all sticking around and joining the core colour groups as part of the colour refresh! But, I'm bummed about Lucky Limeade!! Its my "go to" green! I love its vibrancy and it just seems to work so well with so many colours! I guess I will have to fall for a different green now! 

Do you have a "go to" green?

If yours is Lucky Limeade I'd definitely recommend stocking up on supplies - cardstock, ribbon/baker's twine etc before it goes for good! Oh and don't forget the all important ink refill so your beloved Lucky Limeade ink pad doesn't run dry! 


So why not leave me a comment and let me know what your favourite green is? 

Have a great day - despite the crumby weather!

Amanda x



No comments:

Post a Comment