Monday 27 May 2013

May Card Club - Masculine

Good afternoon! 

Isn't it just a gloriously weekend?! Right now I'm sitting next to my beloved on our sofa outside, enjoying sun and warmth and drinking in all the beautiful spring smells, mingles with BBQs. I'm guessing quite a lot of my readers will be enjoying a nice long relaxed weekend, being a Bank Holiday in the UK and for my American friends, Memorial Day! I hope wherever you are you are enjoying good weather and spending some time with your dear friends and family. 

Stuart and I are trying our first ever proper BBQ - not like a grill out where you burn charcoal and then stick burgers and sausages on the grill to cook. I'm taking about proper American style BBQ - it involves sticking wet wood chips on the coals to smoke the meat to cook it over hours. I've watched it so many times on the Food Network - love Guy Fieri! So after watching it so many times, doing a bit of research, watching some you tube videos, I've made a dry rub for my beef brisket, made my own BBQ sauce, and got the wood smoking the meat. Now my tummy is grumbling with anticipation. Its going to be epic - if I can remember in my excitement I'll snap a few pics for you guys. 

Anyway, onto some card love for y'all. I thought you'd like to see the Masculine collection of cards my lovely card club ladies made last weekend. All were designed so the sentiments could be swapped out - its great to have choice isn't it!? 

With Father's day less than a month away its time to start thinking about making some cards for those special men! 


Aren't these cards fun!?! Do you struggle for inspiration when it comes to masculine cards? They're difficult aren't they!


Stamp Set: Need For Speed, Best Dad Ever, French Foliage
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Grey
Big Shot: Labels Framelits
Extras: Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, Festive Piercing Pack

This card is a bit messy but it looks great and so its well worth getting a little sparkly for! 
A mask was cut from printer paper and temporarily adhered with my awesome two way glue pen to the white cardstock, then spritz with the fab Smooch Spritz (its ready made sparkly spritz that you can mist your projects with - amazing stuff!!). Let it dry a moment while you spritz the background and stamp it with the water blot stamp from French Foliage. By that time it should be dry so peel off the mask and cut with the next size up framelit, pierce with the piercing pack for some extra detail and then stamp the car and sentiment. I thought it looked cool chopping off part of the label. What do you think? Do you like this monochrome card? 

So what are you up to this beautiful bonus weekend day? Have a great day and stop by again soon for more on the other fun man cards we made! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your BBQ sounds yummy! I'm finally getting a chance to pop in to visit and see all of your wonderful cards! Hopefully I will stay caught up for a while!

    ReplyDelete