Monday 3 June 2013

Feather, feather...

Hi! 

Sorry its been a week since my last blog post, I was supposed to blog on Thursday but I was attempting to tidy my craft room and got distracted and so blogging slipped my mind. 

Exams were in full swing today so I was in school for some invigillation work, gazing at the gorgeous sunshine while watching kids sitting their history exam today. It took me back to my exams...not great memories! Watching them write was much easier! 

So last week/weekend I was trying to make an attempt on tidying my craft room - its a true mess. I kept finding half finished cards or scraps/shapes that would probably have gone in the bin if I hadn't used so I ended up stopping to make something. Unfortunately that meant getting other things out to finish the project...and I was back to the beginning again. 

One of the things I discovered was the Boutique Boxes which you can find in the Spring/Summer catty. Its £7.25 and comes with LOADS of little bits. 8 precut boxes, 8 printed note cards, 16 buttons, a die cut sheet, Very Vanilla/Crumb Cake baker's twine and dimensionals. 

The boxes turned out to be pretty small (great for a very small gift but I just wished they were bigger), as a result I had planned to give away the leftovers - I'd made up two boxes and notecards with a few of the die cuts for my downline at team training but there were tons left over and I was just feeling uninspired. Mainly because I was looking at them as boxes, not card potential! 

Roll in a facebook update from the lovely and talented Teneale Williams. I just fell in love with her use of the feathers and it inspired me to have a go myself and do a CASE of it. I got a little carried away and ended up with 25+ cards using all the bits and bobs in the kit! LOVE IT!!



Stamp Set: En FRancais, French Foliage, Pennant Parade, Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Grey
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit
Extras: Boutique Boxes, Sewing Machine




What do you think? I just love these feathers and sewing them on just adds depth and texture! The background has lots of depth to it by lots of layers of stamping, sponging. 

Did you enjoy today's share? Please do leave me a comment and let me know what you think of them!

Have you ever sewn cards with your sewing machine before? Not crossed your mind? Want to see more of it? I've got more to come. For more information on sewn cards check out tomorrow's post! See you there! 

Stampin' Hugs,

Amanda xo

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the kits Amanda. I love what you've done with all the 'bits and pieces'. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these! Much better than the intended project if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete