Thursday 6 June 2013

Hearts a Fluttering

Happy Thursday friends! 

It started off a bit of a rubbish overcast day today. I thought that I'd take advantage of a free day to do some jobs around the house, so I sanded down some more of my door - I've got almost all of one side stripped and sanded now. Its a long process but I'm sure my back door will look great when its done! So I did a couple hours of that - my legs were killing from all the crouching, I needed to call it quits for a bit. 

By this time the day had turned into a beautiful sunny day, I thought it would be the perfect afternoon to test out my dodgy cycling skills and go for a little bike ride with my camera. Now I haven't been on my bike for at least 7 or 8 years and I've always been a bit of a nervous cycler ever since I fell off and broke my leg as a kid! 

Well, I'm back, still alive, but feeling shattered and really achy. I think I got some pretty nice photos so I'll post a few later! 

For now I'll leave you with a couple engagement cards I made for some special friends last month. 

First one was for the lovely Tim and Sarah. 


Stamp Set: Sweet Essentials, Hearts a Flutter, Pennant Parade
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals
Big Shot: Hearts a Flutter Framelits
Accessories: Pearls, Artisan Embellishment Kit

I used some of the lace from the artisan kit - isn't it just so pretty? The hearts were layeres on top and the word love from Pennant Parade stamped in the centre, two little pearls below finishes it off nicely. Finally added a congratulations and a few more pearls.

My second card was for the engagement of one of my best friends from school, Lisa and her fiance Neil.


Stamp Set: Sweet Essentials, Hearts a Flutter, Pennant Parade
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Cardstock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals
Big Shot: Hearts a Flutter Framelits
Accessories: Rhinestones

This card uses pretty much the same materials as the first. It was a bit more fiddly, I cut out lots of little hearts with the framelits and stuck them together to make a embossed looking hearts background - turned out well don't'cha think? The heart was the same as the first just added a rhinestone instead of pearls as I personally think rhinestones suit white better and pearls suit vanilla better! Added a congratulations banner and there you have it! 

If you're in need of some wedding card inspiration, I'm sure either of these cards could quite easily be used, keep the sentiment the same or switch it up to Bride & Groom (from the same sentiment set) and there you have it! 

Stampin' Hugs,

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely engagement card. All the hearts make it a WOW card. Thanks for sharing it with SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant cards! Sounds like you had a very productive day!

    ReplyDelete