Saturday 18 January 2014

Hearts & Confetti

Hey there! 

Happy Saturday folks! I hope you're having a good day! I had the most lovely morning - breakfast with my besties - Jo and Laura, and Laura's friend Honor too! It was just perfect to catch up, plus there were belated Christmas pressies! Awesome!!

So, as I said earlier this week, I'm trying to play along with more challenge blogs this year. What I love about challenge blogs is that they give you a fantastic starting point, often prove challenging and rewarding when its completed and help you think outside the box, or get out of a rut!

I've been following Freshly Made Sketches for a while and often admire the sketches they have, but I've never actually played along before! Its a new year, I thought I'd give it a go! Here is this week's sketch...

Isn't it lovely and simple? I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about it as I HATE things on diagonals. I just think they look wonky and its just not for me, however, after seeing what the design team members had created I thought, hey, I can give this a go! Besides, if everything was your cup of tea, where would the challenge be!?


Stamp Set: Language of Love
Ink: Primrose Petals, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Primrose Petals, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Glimmer Paper, Vellum
Big Shot: Hearts a Flutter
Punches: Owl Builder
Extras: White Gel Pen

 I pretty much followed the sketch as it was, I didn't deviate too much - doesn't that make a change!? 

I used the Paper Player's challengecolours again just because I am really LOVING them - so bright and cheery! I also thought I'd incorporate in the confetti idea again. This time the confetti is in the shape of lots of the little punched hearts from the owl builder punch. 

I coloured in the love stamp with the markers, doesn't it look fun in all those bright colours?! And glimmer paper really adds glitz to the card. The white gel pen lines around the diagonal shape and the three little hearts in the corner are the perfect finishing touches.


So, what do you think? Did I pull off the diagonal/non-straight card?! I sure think I did. I think I can be brought around to the idea that not everything has to be at right angles on a card....I just might! 

Hope you enjoyed this, have a nice Saturday!

Happy Stampin',



6 comments:

  1. Love this, Amanda! The multi-colored hearts add a fun and unexpected touch to a love-themed card. And I love how you've arranged them like confetti. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...and you must have infinite patience to glue on all those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...not so much patience, pure craziness! Actually It wasn't all that bad. I like doing fiddly things though! x

      Delete
  3. Sweet Valentine! Love all of the tiny hearts! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card Amanda! Love how you've coloured that heart! That must have taken some patience! Love that scalloped heart! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete