Thursday 6 February 2014

Make it Masculine

Hello there!

Bit of a different day to what I'd origionally planned. I was supposed to be going to my friend Vicky's today for a crafty play time and good ol' catch up. I haven't seen her since convention back in November so totally over due for some play time! Unfortunately I've had a rotten cold all this week, super sore throat, hardly and voice and earache to boot! So I've had to take rain check on our play date! Oh and in case I didn't feel bad enough, I've also got the dentist this afternoon - ugh!

I realised that I hadn't show you the card I made for Stuart for his birthday! It was inspired by the masculine card I showed you last week. He really liked it so I thought I'd make another similar version for his birthday! 


Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: Versa Mark, Whisper White
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
DSP: Modern Medlay
Punch: Banner, Merry Minis
Embellishments: Mini Brads, 
Other: White Embossing Powder, White Gel Pen

I got him a mandolin for his birthday so I knew I totally wanted to use the music notes paper in the Modern Medlay paper pack. I also went all out and made the card a tall one - I actually think I prefer it tall! What do you think?


I used the chalkboard effect here again - just works so well here and adds a little something extra while still keeping it clean and manly!

The arrow paper clip was just a little last minute addition, I had the pack of clips sitting on my desk and I still haven't used them so I thought I'd just slip on of the corner. Pit there wasn't a treble clef shaped one but hey, this still works well!


There was a little more of the chalk board effect inside to finish off the card and sentiment beautifully! 


I thought I'd just finish today's post off with another quick masculine card I made with some left overs I had kicking around - It's not much different to the others I've done so I thought I'd include it here.


I know masculine cards aren't easy so I hope that these two cards have helped you with a few new ideas for the men in your life!

Now, here's a question for you, would you like to see masculine cards become a regular feature on my blog? Say once a week perhaps? Comment me on your thoughts, I'd really appreciate them. 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment