Sunday 2 February 2014

Simple Sunday - Baby!

Hi there! 

I've decided to start a theme for my Sunday posts. SIMPLE cards, I hope you won't confuse simple with boring but I thought it'd be cool to show a simple, quick, easy and low product use card once a week. As a demonstrator, we get lots of goodies, and it's tempting to throw everything at a card/project but its also important to remember those who don't have lots of money and all the products in the world, so this is designed to show folks out there simple and easy cards that ANYONE can make!

Today's uses a  Sale-A-Bration set I am totally loving at the moment - Banner Blast!! The patterns on the banners are just so fun and I love the little extras - flower, star and heart - which really makes this set so much more than just a few little banners but a great all round set! 

Earlier this week I showed you a relatively easy card using the Banner Blast set to make a bright and fun birthday card. Today is the turn of a Baby card!


Stamp Set: Banner Blast (SAB), Sweet Essentials
Ink: Marina Mist, Old Olive
Cardstock: Whisper White
Punch: Banner (SAB)
Embellishment: Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon

I just want to point out that the banner punch is absolutely wonderful, but if you don't have it, the banners are so straight forward to cut it wouldn't be a problem to cut these out - snip them to different lengths for a little more variety.


I really think its the star that makes this card stand out! Its just so fun and perfect for a new baby boy. If you're wanting to make a girl version I'd maybe substitute the star for the adorable little heart.

The star is stamped twice in the same colour before reinking for the two tones - great way to get more use from an ink pad. Another great ink pad extender is sponging around the edge of the card - adds that pop of colour without all the extra card! 

Have a great Sunday!

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment