Monday 24 March 2014

Cherry Cupcake

Hello! 

Again, a second post today, its just a really quick post with a card made with this week's Freshly Made Sketch


I started this card on Wednesday, but it didn't get finished until today. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do but was just struggling with the perfect sentiment. In the end I couldn't find the sentiment I wanted and didn't have time to make up my own so I changed my idea slightly to get this finished in time.


Stamp Set: Create a Cupcake
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Punch: 1 3/4" Circle, Cupcake Builder
Embellishments: Whisper White Baker's Twine, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

I thought it'd be cute to do a patterned background with lots of little cherries. I originally wanted to make a big cherry for the topper in place of the cupcake but that didn't work out in the end. It was quite time consuming but I like it better than the cherry stamp. 


I layered up some ribbon and baker's twine and then a cupcake on top of that. Cute huh? Okay, hope you enjoyed this, hopefully I'll be more organised on challenges this next week! 

Happy Stampin',

6 comments:

  1. Those little cherries are adorable! And you can never go wrong with a cupcake. Glad you were able to finish and get this in on time. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! Such a cute, cute card. Nice job on the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amanda this is really really cuuutee and fun card love that cute cherries...and cute cup cake too...your card is a winner for my eyes..cute cute cute..if you like to see my card at the same sketch challenge on Freshly Made Sketches, my card is # 76..big hugs...Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Monique. You're really sweet! I shall me sure to check out your card! x

      Delete
  4. LOVE all of those wonderful little cherries! This is such an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They took a while to do but I think it was well worth it! x

      Delete