Tuesday 4 March 2014

Fly Away

Hello!

Are you having a good week? I'm having a good old craft today! Yay! Been looking forward to this for a while - for one reason or another I just haven't had much chance to get into my work room and do some good ol' crafting lately!

I thought today I'd show you a little something I made a while ago...its perfect for Spring and Summer! 


Stamp Set: Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Pool Party, White Craft
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
DSP: Sweet Sorbet
Punch: Triangle, Pennant Builder, Owl Builder, Cupcake Builder
Embellishments: Cayplso Coral Baker's Twine, Basic Grey Baker's Twine (retired)

I love the soft whispy clouds in the background here. I used the frosting from the cupcake builder as a mask which I then sponged with a sponge dauber. I didn't sponge too thickly so that some of the Soft Sky colour showed through!


The triangle punch and the pennant punch were the perfect size to place together to make a kite. I used thin strips of cardstock to cover up the join. The tail bows are just two little hearts from the owl builder punch joined together. I think that works rather nicely! 

I liked the different way of compiling a sentiment that I tried out here too - stamped each word and cut it out individually - perfect for when you can be bothered or are having one of those days when you can get things lined up straight!

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment