Monday 17 March 2014

My Digital Monday SUO92

Hi there! 

Its another new week. I am having a coffee date with my bestie, Kat, and her two gorgeous boys! We're trying out a new(ish) place called The Beehive just down the road from where I live. I'll let you know how I get on! 

I'm looking forward to catching up with Kat and having more cuddles with Euan and Arthur. 

Now, if you've been reading regularly you might have read about My Digital Studio - I've talked about it several times but I thought it might be fun to actually show you what you can do with it. I'm planning on having a weekly segment where I show you something made with MDS. Sometimes it'll be a card, sometimes a home decor item and probably a lot of the time I'll show you scrapbooking! It'll encourage me to scrapbook regularly and I hope you'll enjoy seeing them too! Do you like this idea? 

So what do I say here? There are plenty of templates you can use to make quick and easy cards or scrapbook pages where you can just add photos and customise little bits if you wish but you can also assemble projects from scratch. Like I did below.

I thought I'd just share maybe 5 things I'm really loving about creating projects with MDS:
1. I love that you can resize stamps/punches/embellishments so they're the perfect size for what you want. 
2. You can change the opacity on your layers which just looks fab - lowering the opacity will make the object lighter and semi-transparent. This is great if you want to create a soft look or layer lots of elements together. 
3. There's no wastage. If something isn't the correct colour or is surplus to requirement, just delete it. 
4. Doesn't require lots of space as everything is contained in one program on the computer/laptop it doesn't take up boxes and boxes of room!
5. Give your digital projects some lift with drop shadows.

There's lots more I could say about MDS but these are what I'm particularly enjoying at the moment.


Stamp Set: Cake & Ice Cream
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, Pear Pizzazz, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum
DSP: Hello There
Punch: Fancy Flower, Itty Bitty, Bird Builder, Any Day Label, Lots of Tags
Embellishments: Pearls, Baker's Twine, Tea Lace Doily, Stitching

Here I lowered the DSP opacity to 50% so the white isn't really very white but the pink behind shows through. Its a soft background. Neat huh? 

You can crop a punch/stamp which is what I did here for the individual leaves. I then did copy&paste for super quick leaves the same size and colour. 

I added drop shadows to all my layers to give this card a more 3D look - it really takes a flad digital project to the next level!

Right, time to stop waffling and get ready for my visitors! If you don't have MDS, try it for free for 30 days here

This project is for this week's SUO challenge - Pink and Purple. 

Happy Stampin',

3 comments:

  1. Love your MDS card! The colors work wonderful together and are perfect for the "Pinks and Purples" Challenge :-) Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges and hope you had fun with your friend and her children :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! We sure did have a lovely time together! x

      Delete
  2. So pretty!! Thanks for playing along, it's soft and it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete