Sunday 16 March 2014

Simple Sunday - Masculine Washi

Hi there! 

I thought it was time to share another simple masculine card - around here they're always in demand and I'm constantly trying to think of fresh ideas. 

Embarrassing story time...so I made today's card at the same time as last week's Freshly Made card. Now I'm not very good at remembering to get birthday cards to folks on time so I thought having a few belated cards in stock would be good. So I'd photographed them both and stuck them in the card box. Last Sunday morning I was in a hurry to write Stuart's uncle a birthday card and reached for the one that I'd just made....unfortunately the wrong one! He opened it and said..."Its not belated, my birthday is today." Oh dear, I was very embarrassed! 


Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
Washi Tape: Retro Fresh

I know I'm not a great lover of diagonals but I'm trying to explore different things and I thought this was a fun way to use washi tape. 



Starting with the stripy layered it up, one V at a time. I then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to get the birthday stamp just in the perfect position. 

What do you think? This would be fun with any of Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous washi tapes. 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment