Thursday 20 March 2014

Sixty!

 Hi there! 

So today is my first day of my new temporary job. I'll let you know how it goes later!

I've got a card my friend Ally asked me to make a little while ago. It was for her Auntie that was turning 60. I didn't have much direction apart from she wanted a big 60 on it. 


Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Island Indigo
Cardstock: Pool Party, Island Indigo
Punch: Decorative Label
Big Shot: Typeset Alphabet, Decorative Dots TIEF (SAB)
Ribbon: Island Indigo Chevron, Baker's Twine
Embellishments: Tea Lace Doily, Pearls

I thought it'd be fun to crack out some of the core'dinations cardstock for the background. Embossed and sanded with the decorative dots makes a really pretty confetti pattern. Because this card was longer than the average card I had to emboss as much as I could then rotate the paper 180 and emboss the rest. With the dots being a bit random there wasn't actually too much of a join mark, however this was covered up with the ribbon and doily anyway!


I just used a tiny piece of the doily, that's all it really needed! 

So unfortunately the chevron ribbon was a bit too big and chunky for the card so I did a new little trick I learnt recently - I cut down the centre of the ribbon. To stop the ribbon from fraying I ran a lighter down the size to just melt the ribbon that little bit. Its a fab way to get more use out of what is a pretty chunky ribbon. Don't you just love it? To cut down on more bulk, I just tied the ribbon with a bit of baker's twine instead of a bow or knot. 

After adding the 60 and a sentiment the final touch was a good sprinkling of pearls! 

Until next time, 

Happy Stampin',

1 comment: